RED WING YOUTH OUTREACH
What is CDEAP?
CDEAP stands for Community Distance Ed Assistance Program. It is a free program created specifically for the Red Wing, MN community whose purpose is to provide academic assistance for families during their child’s distance education days to focus on completing their academic requirements with supervision from a caring adult. Help make those 3 days of distance education feel more like 2!
This program is not affiliated with Red Wing Public Schools. It is organized by Youth Outreach in partnership with our site locations as a support to families and the school district education model during the COVID19 pandemic. Therefore, this program is not a replacement for school. Students are expected to be enrolled and participate as expected based on their cohort. We do not offer any teaching or curriculum.
Why CDEAP Matters!
This is what is fully being provided through CDEAP that Red Wing Families may find very helpful:
- Up to one full school day of supervision each week (giving families the feeling of having 3 in-person learning days, rather than only 2 days).
- A safe space for students to complete and receive assistance with homework.
- Intentional program that follows the school’s daily routine.
- Interactions with a caring adult (improves social and emotional learning, as well as mental health factors).
- Direct access to lunch being provided (in partnership with the School District).
Want to participate in CDEAP?
Because our entire program is volunteer based, we may have a limited capacity. All participants will be screened by Youth Outreach through a community application process. Students will be accepted into the program based on each family's needs and may be added to a waiting list if needed.
Do you have questions or need more information before applying or volunteering to help? Fill out the form below and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!